Updating to the latest security software, browser, and operating system provides an important defense against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
You could drive around with old, burned-out brake lights on your car, but it makes driving more dangerous than it should be. And if we all did that, it would get really dangerous, fast! Letting your systems get out of date can encourage malicious actors online, which makes everyone vulnerable in the end.
Mozilla cares about your privacy and security everywhere, not just on Firefox, because the safer the Internet is, the easier it is to create and keep it open. So please take a minute to update your software. The Web will thank you.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates.
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Click Updates in the toolbar.
- Update each app individually, or click Update All to install all available updates.
Open a command prompt and execute the appropriate command for your distribution:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo dnf update --refresh
sudo yum update
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo zypper dup
- Open the App Store app.
- Click Updates on the bottom right corner.
- Click on Update all in the top right corner, or update apps individually.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Touch the Menu icon and go to My apps and games.
- Click on Update all, or update apps individually. Apps with an update available are labeled "Update."
Note: Some apps require new permissions when they are updated. You may see a notification asking if you accept the new permissions.